Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

October....already

We went to breakfast yesterday. There was a man standing in the front door and as we walked past him my first instinct was to say "Excuse me!" .... and then I realized he was a Wal-Mart full size figure of a dread pirate holding a plate of candy! As we came on inside, the edges of the ceiling were hung with spiders; there was a severed hand moving itself all around the floor; the pumpkin in the corner had Dracula rising every couple of minutes..... where has the year gone? Halloween is around the corner....
I have to admit that this is the first year in a long time that I am quite happy to be done with. I feel like I have spent all year with restricted activity due to illness of one kind or another and I am so very ready for all that to pass on to another dimension (or whatever!)
These are the last two of the painted eggs until I get to the feed store to buy more. It looks like the cloisonne' pen will have to be ordered since the art store here does not carry them. The owner said he could order them for me, but I have to check and see if Dick Blick is less expensive.

No comments: