Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday, 07/30/2009


I just realized that I haven't blogged about the new picture I put up as a header. This is a Bottlebrush plant and while I have read about them many times, this was the first one I had ever seen. It was growing in front of the elevator that we took to get to our room in El Cajon while we were on vacation. It was so big, it tipped the 3rd floor and was in full bloom. I want one... ;o) If you click on the link, there is a picture of the hotel and the bottlebrush plant in front of the blue tiled elevator.




There's not been a lot of hobby-ing in the last few days except in the evening. Since we had to take the curtains down anyway, I decided to cut them down. While the "puddle" look with fabric on the floor might look ok, it's not too great at keeping the dust and dirt off the curtains...not to mention the bugs out here in the semi-country. No.. I'm not drinking 2 or 3 cups at a time.. lol The coffee cups are to hold the fabric down...

As an aside... Now that DH has assisted with cutting the window film and the curtains, he has decided that he needs one these cutting mats to use in his shop. He cuts the glass for the picture frames he builds and this would sure help to line it up straight. Wonder what they'll say at JoAnn's! lol



Isn't it great to have gardening friends? ;o) DH came home yesterday with this batch of wonders. Today they will be peeled, sliced, blanched and dipped into corn meal to be frozen. It's a shame I can't eat them right now... sigh But... I'm 10 pounds down on my diet, so there's no stopping now.

Tuesday I found that I had finished spinning the chocolate merino, the Cotswold and the bamboo. I dyed the Cotswold blue and tried to dye the chocolate Merino, but there was no way. I think if I want to dye it I will have to use acid dyes or some other type professional dye instead my old stand by Kool Aid. Since it has been raining the drying was time was quite long, so it wasn't until last night that they could be rolled into center pull balls.

Have a good day... ;o)


"What you see is evidence of what you believe. Believe it and you'll see it." ... Dr. Wayne Dyer

No comments: