Translate

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook... August 17, 2009
















For today: August 17, 2009

Outside my window: is a mass of green from all the trees and grass. DSIL once remarked that I needed to go sow something that would add some color in the meadow during the summer. He is correct... lol The sunshine is just beginning to shine over the top of the house and I love this time of day with the interplay between light and shadow...

I am thinking: about the Angel-Grooms reunion coming up and trying to figure out a way to go. It's been years since I have seen everyone and it would be lovely to see them again.

From the learning room: I have just finished my first ever plying of silk and merino singles. It came out well with the softness of wool and sheen of silk. The dyeing process is next to see if it will dye consistently. That will be today or tomorrow...

I am thankful for: colors. I cannot imagine a world with only black and white...or for that matter only red and blue. The blends and shades of color all around us makes life so much richer.

From the kitchen: comes the same old thing these days...lol This section will be very boring for months to come, but I have lost almost 15 pounds... so I am not complaining... ;o)


I am wearing: the turquoise ugly dress today...lol Later will be Donkenny slacks and shirt in either red or blue... haven't decided yet...

I am reading: another Alex Cross book by James Patterson. This one I have read 4 or 5 times already, but can't seem to get interested in too many other authors lately. Wonder what's up with that?

I am hoping: to get the cd in the mail today to DS #3 that is video of baby Hannah ... came out tooo cute. Just wish I could see his face as he watches it.. ;o)

I am creating: not very much lately. I finished the snail/mushroom quilt and the spinning of the silk/merino. Not too much left on the agenda unless I once again pick up the flax and give it another go. We'll see.

I am hearing: I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song by Jim Croce.

One of my favorite things: is seeing the light in a child's eyes when they are happy. (Or anyone else... for that matter..lol)

A few plans for the rest of the week: another trip to Tulsa. Then we'll see what comes after that.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:




No comments: