Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Nostalgia .. and stuff

December 28, 2015  Got up early this morning.. about 4am.  Don't ask me why.  I sat here until 5:30 and decided it was time to make coffee.  In the process of wasting all that time I began to wonder what was going on with all the blogging friends I've had over the years that I don't see much anymore.  So I went to Chloe's Place...

Linda B. lives in Victoria, Australia and I began to read her blog back in 2005 when I was heavy into crazy quilting and ribbon embroidery.  When I looked today, she still has not blogged since 2013 and I miss her witty, independent personality.  

If you are into embroidery of ANY kind, the place to go is Pin Tangle.  Sharon Boggins is the most wonderful embroiderist (I don't know if that's a word, but sure fits.. :)  )  that I have ever seen.  She has tutorials, an embroidery "encyclopedia of stitches", worksheets, online classes.. etc.  And on top of that.. she is just a wonderful person.  :)  I seem to give away everything that I do .. but I do take photos.. :)  This is a small practice block.. from way back then.. :)

Haven't done much for the past few weeks.  It seems (from what my Dr. says) that he had to fix much more than was anticipated during the surgery and it is taking A LOT LONGER than I anticipated to recuperate!  But have done a few things lately... 

I've wanted to try this particular watercolor for a while.. and have tried it a couple of times with very unhappy results..lol  But I do like this one.  

The year is ending soon.. Hoping your holidays have been good one.. :)  


No comments: