Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Nothing as Good as Children


 Got a phone call Thursday wanting to know if we were going to be home.  Of course..lol  It seems 2 of my sons had ridden their bikes to Sturgess to the bike rally .. and Chuck was stopping here on his way home! He got to spend the night and had to go home the next day (yesterday), but was sooo good to see him and to spend time with him.  I would post his photo, but he doesn't like to have his pic posted, so will not.  


Sometimes I wonder how I got so terribly attached to our 2 little dogs...and then I see something like this picture.  lol   Katie was only a few months old 10 years ago when this picture was taken.  You can hardly tell her tiny little self apart from the neck pillow I always kept on my chair!  And Sam just had to sit on my lap and nose around to whatever he could find.  They have become our second set of "children" as we grow older and our kids have all grown up.  We love 'em.. 

Temps here in Oklahoma have finally fallen below 100 degrees a couple of days ago... truly feels like a cold front came through when it hit only 98°!  Hopefully the heat dome that was sitting over us has either broken or moved on. None of my flowers did very well this year.  The only thing that was good were the onions that I put out... they were perfect!  Just not enough of them. 

Covid numbers are back up in our county so people are staying in again.  Not too happy about that.  Time for me to go back to sewing, knitting and spinning... maybe a little painting. 

Hope your days have been good ones.  Hug your loved ones and spend as much time as you can with them.  


No comments: