Translate

Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Why Am I Up?

 It's 3:45am.. why am I up?  This has become a trend in the last couple of weeks.  As the old saying goes "Up before breakfast!".  



I still have quite a bit of the black and white yarn I've been using, so I started another scarf.  Not quite the same pattern is showing up as I go along, but still showing the the same geometrics.  I have to say I am enjoying getting back into knitting. 






However, I'm not sure I'm up for the "frogging" that will be taking place as soon as I wake up enough to not totally mess up this scarf and have to start over.  I have NO IDEA how I managed to mess up 4 rows without noticing the screw up! 

I was knitting this last night while we were watching the making of Band Of Brothers and I guess I became more interested in the show than in what I was doing.  I have to say that Band Of Brothers  is one of the most moving series I have ever seen and I will see it many more times since we liked it so well we bought it. 


I had a call yesterday from grandson Jeff.  What a joy that guy is.. lol  He is expecting his first child and he said the baby will be born via section on August 9th.  I can hardly wait and I'm sure his wife is even more ready than I am.  :)  



The moon this morning is awesome.  I went out to try to capture it on camera and it just wouldn't work for me for some reason.  I believe I could sit outside and watch the moon for hours on nights like this.  It's huge and beautifully clear.


Temps for the last few days have been horrible.  Triple digits around 107° every day and we've had poor workmen out working in it fixing the soffits and eaves of our house.  I feel for anyone having to work outside in this heat.  Weather says we're in for a cold front the end of the week.. only around 104° .. not much of a cold front if you ask me.. 


It's now 4:30am and I've had one cup of coffee, the dogs are sleeping on their beds in here with me, I can hear the oxygen concentrator buzzing and it seems the whole world is sleeping quietly.  What a blessing it is to be safe in our home, cool and comfortable, with the ones we love.  Every now and then I am a bit overwhelmed with the ocean of blessings that we have had bestowed upon us.  

Enjoy your day, hug your loved ones... 

No comments: