Translate

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Today in My Life .. July 30, 2023

 Today in my life:  I am astounded that it is already the 30th of July!  The year is half over and all I've done is blink my eyes!

I got up this morning: at 5:30am which is a lot later than I have been getting up.  Seems I wake up about 2:30 or 3am and can't go back to sleep so I just get up.  So today was a real "sleep in" day..lol 

I am wearing:  a really, REALLY, wonky long dress that will cover my feet when I'm sitting in my chair...and that is truly necessary these days.  My feet are always cold.

I look out the window: and am so pleased that the crepe myrtles are blooming, the daylilies have just finished blooming and some of the roses are going for round 2!! Such a pretty site to see looking out the kitchen window early in the morning. 

I am hearing: the buzz of the printer next to me that drives me to distraction. So tempted to turn it off, but DH may decide to print something in a minute..

I am thinking:  not a lot this morning.  My brain seems to be stuck in neutral. 

I am grateful for: all the memories that are held in every picture.  And the fact that those can be passed on to future generations at will.  Amazing.  

From the kitchen: came a large bowl of Tapioca pudding last evening .. It's DH's favorite.. right up there with Custard Pie.  And mine even if I pay for it with a higher blood sugar. 

Current book: is the fifth book in a series called The Kingsfall Histories.  This one is called "Endfall" and has all the mages, dragons, monsters a good science fiction book needs..lol  It's written by David Estes and he is quite good.  

Creatively:  these are many things started and only a few finished.  My procrastination button is stuck in the down position these days.. sigh

Around the house: this seems to be the day for extra things.  Pills for the dogs, cutting DHs hair, doing all those little things and for some reason they seem to be a little overwhelming today.  My brain is not keeping up..lol

From the learning desk: there isn't much happening.  I have tried to "learn Spanish" with an online thing a couple of times and it's a great site, but I keep forgetting to go there.. sigh

Final thoughts: I talked to my sister on Friday .. seems like it's a long time between talks.  That's not good.  I told her we need to set up days.. like every Tuesday and Friday..lol  Maybe we wouldn't get so busy we forget! 

Here's a favorite thing:



This tea infuser was a gift from son and daughter in law many years ago.  I love how it keeps the bits of Lemon Balm that I use to make my tea from floating out and ending up in my teacup.  It's one of my very favorite things.


Have a good day.  Stay cool.  Enjoy your family and friends.  Make it a pleasant memory. 




 

No comments: