Translate

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Triple Digit Heat...Knit SMALL Things...

July 27, 2023


 If I get up early enough, I can water my flowers outside with relatively cool weather.  And I have to do this since my Lemon Balm is very unhappy with the direct sunlight.. or is not happy sharing her home with the Rosemary.. not sure which.  But she does have to be watered every day and still shows signs of stress..hmm  What to do.. 

As a result of the 100+ degree weather almost every day this past week, knitting anything larger than a scarf is an absolute no-no.  Since I've done very little knitting in the past few years it was a few days before my fingers remembered what they should be doing.. 

I started knitting a pair of Wrist Cuffs to wear with my coat (that I had to make last year since I lost my favorite one...ughh).  I had some black and white yarn left over from another project so I used it.  The cuffs turned out beautifully so I used some wooden buttons that I bought for use with a crazy quilt and they were good too.. serendipitous! 
 

Since I still had yarn left over (and still do!), I started a matching scarf.  Finished it yesterday.  I have to say that my favorite scarf pattern is one that was first put online by The Yarn Harlot , Stepanie Pearl-McPhee many years ago. It's a One Row Pattern and while being very pretty is also reversible and very soft.  The pattern is found on her blog, free, HERE.

Well, it's now 6:00am and my coffee cup is empty.  I think I will remedy that and refill it, move to my chair in the den and settle in.  It's going to be a bit of a busy day...workmen here working outside yesterday, today and probably tomorrow.  Makes for interesting times.. :)  

Have a good day today...stay cool and enjoy whatever your hands find to do.. 

No comments: