Translate

Monday, July 24, 2023

Finding a Few Old Things


 Good morning.  I'm sitting here wishing it was cool enough to go out and cut Lemon Balm and Apple Mint to dry and keep for tea... but alas it's already nearing 90° out there and the sun is high.  It has been a beautiful, wonderful spring with rain several days a week until now.  The grass is green and the magnolia trees are full with beautiful green leaves.  The Crepe Myrtles are blossoming and covered with rose pink flowers.  



I was looking for something "lost" the other day in my sewing boxes and came across this little Biscornu that I made 15 years ago.  What a blast from the past..lol.. when I was totally enthralled with anything that had to do with embroidery.  




This blog began as a way to keep up with my embroidery journey and I was fascinated with anything on a blog now called Pintangle.  Sharon Boggan has had this blog up for many years and it has evolved and yet stayed the same.  If you are interested in embroidery at all... this is the place for you!





There are many places on line to find Biscornu patterns if you are interested in embroidery.  They are quick to do and fun to make. Here is a you tube tutorial on how to put one together .. 

The House of Langford.. Biscornu 

Here is a free pattern from

The Stitcher's Forum

Here are some free patterns from 

Faby Reilly Designs




I also came across a few photos of paintings.. Some kept and some painted out.  Like this one.. This is part of a painting I did for my husband.  He made several changes during the incarnations of this painting.. lol  One was this fish..

I actually loved the way it came out and I guess I should make a entire painting just of this little piece.  It was eventually painted out of the large painting as he decided he would rather not have it.  


It's amazing how just looking at a few "found" things can make a lost item a memorable "travel through time" journey.  

I'm trying to get back into the habit of blogging.  I will try to do better.. :)  

Hugs and have a wonderful day... hug your family and enjoy each moment. 



No comments: