Translate

Saturday, January 08, 2022

A New Year

Well, the New Year has started like the old year ended... with me erasing my entire blog post thinking I had already posted it on my laptop... but no... didn't happen.  

Anyway... I learned a long time ago that New Years resolution thing was not a happening thing around here... usually lasted about a week .. or at the most, two.  But there is one thing that I hope I will continue into this year.  I found a blog a few years ago on another blog that I was following and it was called (and still is)  The Simple Woman  .  I found it very calming and decided that while I did not want to join the group that she has, I did want to try something similar.  I did for quite a while and found that my day started much more smoothly as I found so many things to be thankful for and it caused me to pay attention to my life today and not what was yesterday or tomorrow.  I will try to do something similar here. 

It has been so very cold here for the past week or two.  We have enjoyed the fireplace immensely. 


Sam (apricot) and Katie (black) enjoy it as much or more than we do.. lol  The last 3 years have not been easy for us and these two lovelies have made all the difference for us.  Watching them play, running around chasing a ball or just hugging and loving on us has absolutely made the days pass easier. 

The groomer we take them to always puts a little triangular bandana on them and when we get home we have to take them off or Sam will choke himself tugging on it.. So Hubs was cutting Katie's off and also cut off her collar!  So I am now working on a collar for her until her new one comes in.  Have it about 1/2 done and trying to figure out how all the hardware goes back on.  We'll see if I'm smart enough to get it done.  :)

Hugs to all. Stay warm and enjoy this day.  

2 comments:

Mariella said...

Hi Linda - Just stopped by to day hello!
1 day at a time - that's what we do around here.

Linda S. said...

Hi Mariella, Do happy to see you here!