Translate

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Good Morning...January 19, 2022

 Good morning.  Up at 4:30am this morning.  Don't know what's up with early morning rising, but seems to be a new pattern for me.  I have to say that I do enjoy the quiet time.  

Found out yesterday that Covid Omicron is so prevalent here that most in our doctor's office are out with it.  Daughter who is working for one of the drs. in that clinic says we should stay home... go nowhere.  So once again there will be no beauty shop or nail appointments for a while.  This is the second year for the Covid threat and have been out to eat once in those 2 years,.  Not to say we don't order out and use the pick up window... but sometimes it's just nice to sit down in a restaurant and have dinner and conversation with someone you love.  I'm sure that most health professionals are aware of the mental health issues with this pandemic, but sometimes I wonder how much we are actually saving (as far as health is concerned) by the stay-at-home idea since the increase in depression is so markedly on the rise.  We have not seen our grandchildren for almost 2 years.  Not a good thing.

Several years ago I started this egg.  The idea was to see if I could do a Russian style icon.  It didn't turn out too badly, but then I was stymied on how to finish the back side of the egg.  Needless to say... I am still stymied.  It occurs to me that a lot of Russian art contains at least some geometrics, so I'm thinking I may get out the acrylics and do a geometric of some kind on the back.  Any ideas would be welcome.. :)

We're in for a bit of relief from the horrible cold...welcome relief.  Up in the 40s and 50s and then on Sunday and Monday it should be almost like spring with temps in the high 60s and even 70s.  That's always welcome, but the cold that comes after always seems even colder.. sigh 

When we take our dogs to be groomed, they always come home with a little triangle of cloth around their necks as a scarf.  Since our dogs are so "graceful", we always take them off to prevent them from tugging and pulling on them.  This time we cut the collar off Katie with the scarf!  We immediately ordered another one that comes with her name on it and other information, but it would take 3 weeks to get it, so enter the trust sewing machine... I really prefer this little collar for her than the new one she has now.  It is much softer and just as strong.  I'm sure it's more comfortable for her, but her new one has her name on it.  Anyway, I'll put up a tutorial to make a collar for your dog on Fabric Follies Too... very easy to do. 


Must get around.  Coffee cup empty and it's 6:10am.  Have plans for the day, just not sure what they are yet..lol  Have a wonderful day... 😊


 


1 comment:

Dianne said...

You must take naps right?