Translate

Monday, January 24, 2022

My Diary: January 24, 2022





I woke up this morning: and stumbled to the bathroom with my eyes closed.  Kinda ready to get up but not quite ready to wake up.  Still cold in the mornings... 26° when I let the dogs out this morning.  It got up to the mid 60s yesterday and is expected to do the same today.  Wanted to climb back in that warm bed, but decided if I did I wouldn't want to get up again until at least 9... lol

I look out my window:  and it's still dark.  The skies are relatively clear so the stars and moon are shining like glitter in the sky.  March13, 2022 daylight savings time will begin again and the sun will be up by this time.  

I am hearing:  the squeak of my chair as I rock back and forth.  Fixing that squeak is one of those procrastination things that I've put off for ...  oh ... 4 or 5 months.. lol  

I am thinking: not much this morning.  My brain seems to be on vacation without me.. sigh   I think I need more than my usual 1 cup of coffee this morning.  May need to add some strong chocolate with it to build up the caffeine.. 

I am thankful for:  the different blogs and posts I read.  Soooo much information... so many new ideas..it's hard to stay stagnant in your thoughts and ideas when confronted with so much new information. So many people now willing to share their ideas, their grasp of new crafts, new how-to information on the use of tools.. sometimes it's mind boggling. 

I am wearing: a plain, pink Walmart house dress.  No touchy anywhere.. just a loose, comfortable, very ugly dress..lol  My sister Tina introduced me to these dresses.. Her words?  "They're so ugly, but so comfortable!" 

I am hoping: that I can figure out a personalized pattern to make my own clothes.  As I've grown older the shape of the body has changed and generalized patterns just don't seem to do it.  

I'm also hoping to start knitting or crocheting again in the evening while watching television.  I miss having something to show for that time instead of Level 450 of some game on my phone.. sigh

I am reading: the 3rd book of the Riftwar Saga books by Raymond Feist.  I finished the second one last night.  I suppose at some point I will be tired of them, but not yet..lol  

I am learning: that it's a lot easier to square up your quilting before you start quilting than after.. sigh  

I am creating:  another full cloth quilt.  I've got the sheets almost ready for the batting to be added and then the tying begins. 

One of my favorite things: that little ceramic bowl in the picture.  My friend Pat and I made yarn bowls a few years ago at a ceramic shop.  I loved it...still love it.. has function and memories..

A few plans for the rest of the week:  include working on the quilt, spending some time finding the bottom of my desk (if possible..ugh),  and making a rug from the strips of fabric torn from 4 sheets.  Not sure I want a totally faded blue rug, but sometimes ya can't have everything.. 

Last thought:  I'm having a very hard time in this second year of the covid stay at home.  I've decided the only way I will survive is to spend more time outdoors, keep working on my crafts and use the phone a LOT to keep in contact with everyone I care about.  Hope you have a wonderful week.. Hugs.. 

No comments: