Translate

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

My Diary... Jan 12, 2022

 

I woke up this morning:   with a little wet nose on my cheek and bell ringing in my ear.  It was not quite 5:30am but I got up anyway.  Sweet Katie was telling me it was time to rise and shine...so I rose, but definitely did not shine.. 😉

I look out my window:    and I can see the sun beginning to shine.  The thermometer outside says not quite 30° and it's definitely feeling it.  The trees are bare and the earth is definitely in sleeping, resting mode.  The winters have been cold and not my favorite part of the seasons until I realized one day that it is not a dead season, but a resting season needed for the revitalization of life.  Time to slow down a bit and revitalize myself. 

I am hearing:    the whirring of my printer.  It's enough to make me want to turn the thing off.  But the ringing in my ears helps to cover it..lol  

I am thinking:   that I can finally see patterns in my life... and as I do all those things one hears as child are true.  Be careful who you spend time with.. family is all important...early to bed, early to rise...and on and on.. I have heard and smiled at all my life.  Today, they don't seem so rhetorical at all.  

I am thankful for:   first and foremost..my sweet, caring, thoughtful husband who helps me through good times and bad, takes care of me even when he doesn't feel well himself.  My children..there is not a word that comes close to covering how thankful I am for my children.  Coffee.. lol.. what can I say about coffee..sigh

I am wearing:    My gown (black with tiny roses around the neckline) and my robe (horrible faded black t-shirt material with huge pink flowers on it.. ughhh).  But.. it's very comfortable.  Flows without any binding anywhere and I may just wear it all day.   

I am hoping:    that my children are well.  That Covid will soon pass into that thing that happens during flu season instead of all year long.  2 years stuck inside the house is enough already. 

From the kitchen:    doesn't come very much these days.  But I did put a corned beef in the crock pot a day or so ago.  LOVE THAT!  Still having corned beef sandwiches.  Made a couple of batches of chocolate covered peanuts and some peanut butter cookies.  Yum...

Around the house:   It seems the older we get the more often we don't feel well, so the house could use a good deep cleaning and de-cluttering.  You would think that being stuck inside during the Covid mess some of this would get done...but no.. hmmm

I am reading:    For the 5th or 6th time.. Magician Apprentice.. by Raymond E. Feist.  This is a series of fantasy books I read for the first time many years ago and have re-read many times since.  

I am learning:   seems to be not much lately.  I'm going to have to re-learn how to spin with a spindle since for the last several years I have used only my spinning wheel.  sigh... 

I am creating:   not sure I would call it creating.. but.. anyway I managed somehow to lose my coat!  Now.. how does a person lose a coat?  ughhh  ... so I had to make me another one.  It's not as warm as the one I lost, but it works in a pinch ..lol   I will make another one with some closer woven fabric, but I do like the way this one drapes. 


This is the coat and the pattern that I use.  I have had the pattern for years and am considering making it with very light material as a matching cover for just jeans and a shirt.  Anyway... the number of things I consider in just one day would fill a month's worth of time if I made them all. 😏😏😏

Now.. on to other things. 

One of my favorite things:  is following my children, grandchildren and friends on facebook.  Sometimes I think I should just get off it, but somehow that lasts about 1 day.  I love the photos.. what the kids are doing, what the grands are doing.. just LOVE it.. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:   not many.  To the beauty shop today but as far as plans, that's it.  Whatever gets done will get done when I decide.  Haven't felt too well for the last few days, so will see what happens later on.. 

Remember to smile at stranger, hug your friends and have a wonderful day. 


No comments: