Translate

Monday, March 07, 2016

A Little Nostalgia

Years ago... back in the 1960s ... everyone was saving their cans and making plaster of paris log planters.  I can hardly believe that was 50+ years ago... sigh  Anyway, I was thinking about all the plaster of logs I've made over the years and decided to do it again.. :)  So I did..

This one is made with small cans and I had to hunt to find the tiny little dog to put on it.  Little whatnots like that are hard to find these days.   I found this one in a cute little shop in the old mall that was once the hub of shopping for our city.  It is now almost completely empty... another bit of nostalgia and signs of changing times.

Our little city is growing by leaps and bounds. The traffic on our well traveled streets is growing and we now (almost) have traffic jams during the early morning and late afternoon as people go to work and get off work.  This means more road construction, more housing developments and more people.  :)    Areas that were empty pasture are now filled with lovely homes or new apartment complexes.  New businesses are springing up every day.  Exciting.. :)

Have a wonderful day!  :)

No comments: