Translate

Monday, March 25, 2024

Would You Make A Prepper's Doll?

 Several years ago Jerry and I began to consider the need to prepare for a disaster.  We considered food, water, shelter, medicines, personal hygiene items...and the list goes on and on.  As time has passed, we continue to consider these things.  As I began to look through the internet for related things, I came across this most unusual idea....  A Prepper Doll.   

I have to say this totally intrigues me.. lol  Now...we have reached the age that if anything did happen we are just too old to jump in the car and run off to some "secret" hidey hole and wait everything out.  But...that is not to say that I may not make one of these little cuties just to see if I can.. lol 

Stuff You Can't Have  is a blog by Catherine McEver with the description of this doll.  There doesn't seem to be any real pattern, but it shows how each area of the doll is filled with necessary items for survival.  The legs are filled with rice, the arms with beans and lentils, the body with fishing gear, knife, medical supplies or anything you would like to put in it or feel you would need.  The clothes have an underskirt that is embroidered with necessary ideas for building a shelter, purifying water, how to build a fire and some basic first aid.  Even her face is used to show that stress and fear will be a way to keep you on your toes in the event of a disaster.  

I find it a very unusual and ingenious idea.  I think I would change the face to one of hope instead of sadness, tho.  

If you go over to the site, be sure to click thru the other labels on the side panel to see some of her other posts.  This lady is amazing in her ability to take beauty from the most bland things.  I truly enjoyed her site. 

The weather has cooled off again in Southwestern Oklahoma.  The fire was lit this morning and the dogs are in hog heaven once again.  Nothing really came of the weather alert for our first "there is a small possibility of a tornado" for this year.  I'm sure it won't be the last, but there is always hope.. lol

Have a wonderful day today... and as the Boy Scouts always say... Be Prepared!  (in line with the subject of this post!)  :)

No comments: