Translate

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pastel Paintings

It seems I did these pastels in very late 2004...boy, does time fly. Today we matted and framed them to hang in our son's kitchen. Jim and Don bought a new set of dishes and these fruits were on the decal in the center of the plates. When Don asked me whether I could do these as framed art, I wasn't sure I could actually do it..grin But a couple of weeks later they were done. The question now is whether they will be matted with the sage green or pastel yellow inner matt (the sage is on the top row, the yellow on the bottom). I guess that decision will be made later tonight when Jim gets home from work. Love the way they turned out. These guys have such great ideas!
The frames may or may not be stained with a white pickling stain. Or mayber thinned white acrylic paint... or maybe just left the pure wood and coated with polyurethane... we'll see...

1 comment:

John said...

Wow, Linda, those are really nice!! You should show more of your paintings on the Blog.