Translate

Monday, April 09, 2007

Friends and Food


Got a phone call last night from a friend in Virginia. She tells me in no uncertain terms that she is tired of seeing that same pic of the car every time she visits here...lol I love it! She raises poodles and tells me she now has a 5 week old chocolate poodle that is gorgeous... I am so envious!


Since DH is diabetic and a total pasta lover (and he can't have it anymore), we are constantly on the lookout for new recipes. He came up with this off the net somewhere and we decided to try it.
This is home made spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash.

The spaghetti squash is cut in half and placed in a baking dish with cut side down and covered with foil, then baked in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of the squash) or until tender when punctured with a knife. Then, using a fork and gently sliding it down the length of the squash, you can lift out wonderful short spaghetti. Since I love squash anyway, I loved this. But I did find that as you get into the depth of the "spaghetti", the sweetness of the squash became a little disconcerting against the spiciness of the sauce. So if I were doing it again, there would be smaller portions of the squash and the same portion of the sauce...

No comments: