Translate

Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's Been a While...

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. No excuses, but it's been a little busy.

First... for the family who follow my blog... Uncle Richard died last Thursday evening. The funeral will be in Tupelo on Monday. Aunt Thelma seems to be doing ok, but the kids are taking it very hard. The last time we saw them, Richard was so proud of their 50th wedding anniversary that he couldn't seem to stop talking about it..

The newsletter is finally finished.. we got the last info for it on Thursday and put that in, then took it to the printer to find out how much the postage and printing costs would be... which brings up a not so funny thing happened on the way to the printer...

Our new car is not so new anymore... I was driving and was broadsided by a pickup. I will forever more sing the praises of steel reinforcement on the sides of vehicles and side airbags. I walked away with only minor bruises and no glass cuts. Even the seatbelt bruise was minor. The air bags shielded me from both the impact and the glass. DH, however, was injured by a small bead of glass that was probably in my hair...(smiles) He was waiting for me at the print shop and the accident happened only 1 block away from there (I was on my way back with the mailing list on disk). When they saw the fire emergency vehicle go by and I was late getting back, they went up to see and sure enough it was me. Bless his heart, it was a panicked moment for him and a stressful evening in the ER. But all is fine now... just some major soreness and stiffness.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Wow! so glad to see you walked away unhurt. The car looks awful. Condolences on the loss of your uncle.