Translate

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Harry Potter...Gasp!!!!


Did you know that the Harry Potter series of books...beloved by millions (including my grandchildren) has made it to #1?

#1 on the Challenged Books List according to the American Library Association.

According to the ALA... "A challenge is an attempt to remove or restrict materials, based upon the objections of a person or group. A banning is the removal of those materials. Challenges do not simply involve a person expressing a point of view; rather, they are an attempt to remove material from the curriculum or library, thereby restricting the access of others."

My opinion: There are many books out that I personally would not read. If someone else wants to.. fine. But that's just me... (Personally, I like Harry Potter and find these books a wonderful read... )

It's kinda like the television...if we don't like what's on, we turn it off... but we don't demand that everyone else turn it off too....

No comments: