Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today in My Life... 11/10/2009












Today: November 10, 2009 Tuesday

I got up this morning: stumbled to the bathroom and then immediately got on the scales... So pleased to have lost once again to 181... will not give up until I pass the 179 mark this week..

I am hearing: the click of my SDH (sweet DH ) as he plays solitaire on his pc...

The current book is: The Collectors by David Baldacci... for at least the 5th time... I messed up a while back and misstated the author of The Camel Club... it is not James Patterson.. it's David Baldacci. Sorry...



Cre
ating: Several things this past week... I started this quilt top a couple of days ago. It should be finished today and hopefully quilted tomorrow... Nothing like a little optimism..lol










Earlier this week I found a couple of oak dowels that were just lying around in the shop. Sooo.. I cut them in half, ground the tips to a point, sanded them well then brought them inside and broke off a piece of scented candle and rubbed them for all I was worth... Wow... so smooth and smell so good.. Voila' !! Knitting needles... size 17 and size 12...



The Harp has been re-tied after having the weaving cut off due to a broken warp. This is Romney wool single plied with polyester sewing thread and kool aid dyed. The fabric is very nice, but has a bit of an open weave. I don't know if it will full up a bit or not since I abused the yarn about as badly as I know how... (thanks for that tip, Abby Franquemont!)... in hopes that the final product will be much less fragile... As of last night, I only have about 6 inches left and this will be done.





I'm not sure what store we were in but there on the shelf (for almost nothing) were a couple of artist journals... one for watercolor and another for pastels... Well, you know I just couldn't leave them there so they followed me home.. imagine that... It has be so much fun sitting and doodling at night watching tv...


Anything new: is the discovery of Facebook. I am not altogether comfortable with all the family links and personal stuff that can be deduced from these sites, but I do enjoy having the ability to be in contact with so many in the family on a daily basis... Love that...

2 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

You go girl!!!! Yeah for you!!!!
Hugs,Pat

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pat... ;o)