Translate

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Today In My Life... May 8, 2011











Today is:  Mother's Day... May 8, 2011

I got up this morning:  at 4:30am, made coffee and emptied the dishwasher.  Normal stuff.  Turn on the computers, listen to the clock tick.  The peace of the morning makes me wish for an all day early morning... ;o)  Just normal stuff... a gift.

As I look out my window:  the sun is just lifting over the horizon.  It's 6:10am.  I look out over the backyard and the meadow and think of how I have loved just gazing down there...the trees, the flowers, the squirrels, the birds.  I'm glad I've taken pictures over the years....

I am hearing: very little traffic this morning.  It's Sunday.  An occasional car or truck.  But mostly just sounds of the thoughts rolling around in my head.  Some good, some bad....  just normal stuff.. ;o)

I am thinking:  that it's very nice to have a friend who knows that she is cared about even when things become hectic in life and there is not always the time or frame of mind for a call... or a visit...

The one thing I've learned over the past week:   is this.... If you pack all of your dishes, pots and pans there will ALWAYS be a snag and instead of a couple of days...it will be another 2 weeks before you can move...

Creatively:  I have been at a stand still... My creativity is just buried so far behind thoughts of my children and the move that I found myself back to knitting garter stitch dishcloths last night.  Could not concentrate on any pattern enough to make it work, so the dishcloths were a life saver.. ;o)

Plans for the rest of the week:  include 3 days of chiropractic visits.. and here I have to give a plug to Dr. Ryan Knight of Denison, TX..  The pain in my back and shoulders is so much less that I can actually breathe now and make it through the day.
Note to self:  Must buy shelf paper by the mile... and soon...






A shout out and huge THANK YOU... to Amber DeHay  for all the help packing and carrying boxes.  And speaking of Amber.. pop over to her blog Knit My World  and take a look at her new pattern for a knitted scarf to match the lovely wrist warmers I had the pleasure of test knitting..









Today is Mother's Day.  I cannot think of any mother I know that is perfect.. or even the perfect mom.  But the thing about Moms is this... They have a perfect love ... Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: