Translate

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hello, Again

I can't imagine where the month went.


My tiny antique spinning wheel arrived 3 days ago. It was found in an online marketplace for a reasonable price and after emailing back and forth with the owners (who we found were exceptionally nice folks), we bought it. I put pictures up on the Kromski yahoo group and found out that it was most likely made in the early 1800s and is possibly older than that.



There is a small amount of work (besides the careful cleaning and oiling) that needs to be done to it for me to use it, but that will have to wait for a few days.






The new banjo clock kit is my DHs new project. It's cherry wood and is turning out really nice. I had no idea that many of the parts on clocks are now glued. It's some seriously good glue..lol Once you put that piece down, don't expect to move it around after about 3 seconds! ;o)

He usually comes up with his own design and builds his own clocks, but decided this time to warm up with a couple of wall clock kits and then go to the big time with a grandfather clock!

No comments: