Translate

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Purpose for today...


'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'

This is a much harder fill-in-the-blank than I thought it would be. This is one sentence of an email that my aunt sent to me and I thought it would be a good thing to fill in each day...you know...kinda "get off on the right foot" kind of thing... phew... I don't think I have ever just sat down and thought.. "OK, what is my purpose for today?" lol...you'd think I could come up with something!

However, I am terribly thankful that the election is over. I am still concerned about the welfare of the nation as a whole... but perhaps new blood is what is needed in Washington. We shall see.

We went to town yesterday and shopped in a few shops. Christmas decorations are already out and you know what that means... Time to start counting the days. I think the holiday season has become very commercialized, but I nevertheless enjoy the fact that families get together...and if not for the holidays, this may not happen so frequently. Besides... I love to give gifts..lol

Daylight savings time has ended and this picture is our meadow at 5:45 pm these days. The autumn winds have almost blown all the redbud's leaves away and the meadow grass has turned brown. The days are cooler and last night ..for the first time...we were too cool with only the one quilt and our sheet for cover. I am seriously considering making a king size quilt...a first for me. We'll see if that works out... ;o)

No comments: