Translate

Saturday, January 17, 2009

No Weight Watchers, Stress Test, Grandson to the Army


I have decided not to do Weight Watchers. After considering that each meeting...once weekly, therefore at least 4 per month... costs $13.00 and that this adds up to $52.00 per month...and then adding in the one time costs of $20.00 here and there for cook books and meal plans and etc, and etc... I think not. This is not to say that it is not a healthy way to lose weight...it just means that I don't think I want to spend the money ...consistently ...and in perpetuity ...if you get my meaning.


Anyway... I have been having some heart issues more frequently over the last few weeks. There is an appointment for a chemical stress test on Monday and I am soooo ready to have that over and done with. The angina attacks are coming more frequently than they have since before the first cardiac cath, so they are making me a bit nervous.


Grandson Steven is leaving for basic training in the Army on the 19th (I think)... That will make 3 grandsons and 1 son in the armed forces during this war. His mother is not taking it too well, even tho she is very proud of him. It's always difficult when the first one leaves to go that far away... knowing that when he returns he will a totally different person... much more adult and having had experiences that you will never know about or be able to understand even if you knew about them.

No comments: