Translate

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Steel Cut Oats ... and Dallas


A while back one of our sons and his wife suggested that we try Irish Oatmeal. Well, it took me a while, but I finally decided to try the Steel Cut Oatmeal. I like it. It takes forever to cook, but I like it. With the cholesterol thing going on and having to have a cardiac cath every year..ughh.. I guess I don't mind too much having oatmeal almost every morning..lol Especially since oatmeal has been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember.
Cranberry juice is also a staple... yumm yumm..


Did you ever hear of George Mifflin Dallas? Well, he was the Vice President of the United States in 1845. In that year the people of Peter's Colony on the Trinity River changed the name of the village to Dallas... Texas... in his honor.

Who knew?

No comments: