Translate

Monday, April 06, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 04/06/2009


















For today: April 6, 2009

Outside my window: the sun is shining brightly and the sky is a lovely faded blue. The wind is blowing the tops of the trees making them look like little hula dancers.. It's supposed to freeze either tonight or tomorrow night... another one of those Easter freezes. I'm glad I waited to put in any flowers.

I am thinking: about publishing my book about spindle spinning. Haven't decided yet.

From the learning room: I am researching what it takes to get an isbn number. It seems that it is not terribly difficult and would make self publishing much easier.

I am thankful for: electric lights. While watching Foyle's War last night .. (it's a British television drama that we rent from Netflix).. I was thinking how terrible it would have been to have lived in one of those horribly large castle-like homes during the times before electric lights. A candle only lights so far ahead of you and those staircases are massive... phew... And what about trying to do any kind of needlework even in the daylight! No wonder they had rooms for every time of the day... it all depended on where the sun was at that particular time! Thank you, Thomas Edison!

From the kitchen: comes the sound of a cash register dinging constantly! It really struck home yesterday at the grocery store just how much inflation is raging right now. ... sigh

I am wearing: a pair of stretch denim pants (green khaki colored) and a tan blouse with floral motifs all over it. And my handy-dandy flip flops...

I am reading: Cat and Mouse by James Patterson for about the 4th time. But I have to say that I am Alex Cross groupie...lol (And I blame that on Morgan Freeman... who played Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls)

I am hoping: that I can get in quickly to have my nails done this afternoon. With plans in the works I always hate to have that one chore left for the last minute and then worry about finding the time.

I am creating: place mats on the Kromski Loom. They will be blue with floats in white/multi colors.

I am hearing: the ringing in my ears that is my constant companion..lol

Around the house: I am loving the tiled floors more and more as time goes by. If I had known I would like them this much, I would have done it a lot sooner.

One of my favorite things: is answering the phone and it being one of the grandsons.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Preference by L'Oreal...lol The dark at the base of my blonde is showing...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:






















I painted this several years ago.. It now hangs in a friend's living room. Friends are wonderful things to have. They like your work even when you don't.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love today's daybook...and your painting. Your friend has good taste. Tile floors make all the sense in the world.