Translate

Friday, January 22, 2010

Card Weaving Loom and Naalbinding

I find that when I am in an emotional upheaval I want to eat. This is not good when you are trying to lose weight... hmmm

I have been fairly busy even though I have spent an inordinate amount of time on Facebook lately. I am currently working on the first cardweaving loom I made. I have taken it apart and drawn on some relatively easy patterns, a few instructions on it's use, woodburned all of that and then painted it. I am using a rub on polyurethane finish for it and an hoping that will be enough protection for the paint. It should be finished in a day or so...depending on drying time for the finish.






Naalbinding has not been neglected... ;o) This bag was done using the Oslo stitch and some hand spun. I love the softness of this bag. The scarf is done using several small end pieces of handspun that I wanted to use up. It was done with all the stitches facing one way...each row ended and the next row began at the top each time. I was amazed at the how the underside looks EXACTLY like knitting when done that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely nalbinding bag! And I sure wish I knew how to do card weaving. I'm really impressed with what you can weave with those, but it remains a mystery to me.