Translate

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hello, Patty... ;o)

Hi everyone. I know it's been a long time. I could use the excuse of Facebooking again, but the fact is that I am having a hard time coming to grips with the loss of both my brother and my sister. This makes it a little hard for me to come up with something more than a Facebook line or two to write. But since my friend Patty from Virginia keeps giving me little nudges... here I am.. ;o)

Our sons from Phoenix came home last month to get their house ready to sell. I'm sorry they are selling the house and moving permanently to Arizona, but it was really good to see them. During the visit, Jim taught me another craft...lol Needle tatting... I love it. I seem to do the same thing trying to learn this that I did trying to learn knitting. I get lost in the pattern and then have to pull out large amounts of it...and believe...frogging tatting is not nearly as easy as frogging knitting..lol He blogs about it..and other things.. on his blog Creating a Home. I completed a medium sized, red bookmark as the first thing I did...but .. believe me... you don't want to see it..lol This is the second thing I completed. I have no idea what to do with it, but the pattern was so easy I made 3. ;o) I think I will join them together, make a 4th and have myself a medium sized doily. Ta da! Hmmmm...maybe that should be "make a 4th, join them together and have a doily.."... that might work better..lol






I also committed myself to teach another class at the Red River Historical Museum the 3rd Saturday in June. This class will be tablet weaving... We (as in my sweet DH and myself) are in the process of building 15 looms for this class. The photo is of 120 cards that are in the process of being made...8 per loom... to weave this pattern...












This is also the type loom we are building. I am hoping this will be a fun and informative class... and they the student will love this as much as I do.



















The ribbon on the left was done using 10 cards and polyester sewing thread. It came out lovely. There will be several more ribbons made of various materials before class time comes around so I will have some samples to show what can be done with craft.

1 comment:

knitting bean said...

I'm so sorry that you are feeling 'out of sorts' since the loss of your brother and sister, but it is certainly understandable. Randy and I have gone one year since both of our fathers passed away and it is still difficult. You hang in there though! I love your needle tatting! My daughter found a clearance kit one day and just picked up tatting in no time at all. Looks too hard to me! You did a beautiful job! I bet it would look great as a doily when you piece them together. Just wanted to peek in and hopefully offer some encouragement! Take care.