Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Today in my Life.. March 27, 2018


Today is:  March 27, 2018

Today in my life:   I reach for my coffee at 6:13 am, look over at my DH across the desk and my two fur babies on the floor sleeping and give thanks as I take a sip.   It's raining outside and when DH took the pups out this morning they ran out in the rain, did their business and ran back in... with Katie running into our bedroom, up her stairs and onto our bed only to find that I had not laid out my clothes.. oh woe is me!  (She always has to lay on whatever of my (or his) clothes are on the bed).  So she just sat down on my CPAP hose!

I got up this morning:  at 5:30 with a bit of a grumble.  I don't really hate  the idea of having to plan to go somewhere (Dr. office)... but it seems to throw off the entire day.   I guess.

I am hearing:  the tick of the clock on the wall beside me as the seconds pass by.  Not sure if I like that or not...lol 

I am thinking:  that I'm having a hard time thinking of something to be thinking.. lol  My brain is still on "NEED MORE COFFEE" time..

As I look out the window: I see the back porch.  It's big.. long.. and we've screened it in.  I was in Wal Mart a couple of days ago and found a real bargain on a patio table with 4 chairs.. Bought it.  We have been sitting  on the porch for most of the last 2 days and can't wait for the mornings to become warm enough to sit out with coffee and our laptops.  The photo looks a bit empty, but the other chairs are on the other side out of the way.  I'll do another pic when I have it finished... but we love it even if nothing else ever gets done.

The current book is:  The Solitary House  by Lynn Shepherd.  It's an historical novel set in London around 1850.  I'm finding it ok and quite readable .. but I have to say that I much prefer the David Morell books that are set in the same time period.  If you have not read them, the first one is Murder as a Fine Art .


Creatively:  there hasn't been much going on in the past couple of weeks.  A few quick bookmarks in watercolor, an oil painting for my son.  But there is a new shop opening in town called Pleiades 7.
It is a small shop that will be open to artisans of all kinds and will be essentially a consignment shop to sell your own creations.  I have spoken with the owners at length and am seriously considering placing my art in their shop.  We'll see.  (BTW.. I find that I truly do enjoy painting peppers..lol  I guess it's that bright red color that I have loved since the first grade!)









From the learning desk:  that is not a desk..lol  I have decided that at the ripe old age of 69 I will fulfill at least one of the things on my bucket list.  Learn to play the piano.  I find that it's a lot easier to learn that left hand in your teens or 20s than in your 60s, but nevertheless I will persevere.  lol  I have to say that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to play Jingle Bells... even if it is that simplistic one that children learn.  Loving it.



Plans for the day:  Not many.  Follow up at the ophthalmologist.  I have to say that I really like her.  She saw that one of the reasons my vision was so bad was because the cataract implant was filmed over.  It took her all of 3 minutes to remove it with a laser and my vision is better than it has been in YEARS.  I am truly loving it!

We are finally getting some much needed rain this morning.  I need to work out in the flower beds and clear out the old stuff so the new stuff can grow.  Probably the rain won't last long, but every little bit helps.   Have a great day... hug your loved ones.. and say a little something nice to some stranger you meet on the street.. You never know, it may just make their day.. :)

No comments: