Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here's the Difference...

The simple changes to the ratios of my wheel made all the difference....

Here is 300+ yards of 2 ply (the 3 skeins hanging on the right) and 200+ yards of 3 ply (the two skeins hanging on the left) after the water bath.
You can tell that the Navajo plied 3 ply was done before the lesson... and the 2 ply was done after the lesson.
The close up shows it a little more clearly. I can hardly wait to have enough to make something really big...lol
My 3 1/2 pounds of Corriedale is not showing any signs that any has been used out of it...it's like a big bowl of spaghetti...the more you eat the more there is of it...grin Jim says he will come and help do the first batch of dying.. that should be fun too...
Way too much fun...
The pics are clickable to bring up larger photos...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've probably spun up more yarn than I have in the whole several years I've owned my wheel. I'm jealous.

I can really see the effect of the lessons. Maybe I should find a teacher!