Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Getting back in the swing of things....



...after all the holidays. There's a lot to show and tell..grin

Our son and his wife that live in Michigan had to cancel their trip home for the holidays due to weather. But this beauty came in the mail...wow! As dyed in the wool DIYers, we all oohd and awwd over this one. It's a glass tile with a hole drilled in it (I'm told this was the hardest part) and a string of tiny Christmas lights placed inside. The bow is hand made by Loretta... what a talent! Love the soft glow of colored light it makes when turned on in a dark room...


And talk about wonderful! These hand knitted socks made by DDL Tomomi are toasty! I really like the pattern and have to wonder how she keeps the pattern straight..lol As I am just now learning to knit socks, the good old stockinette stitch is as adventurous as I want to get..grin

There is more to say and show...but will wait until tomorrow and continue on......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're posting again! Missed you.

I've been lightblogging through the holidays too. But in this phase of my life, holidays officially end when kids return to college, and that has finally happened! So I just have to put the rest of the Christmas decs away and it's back to crafting as usual.