Translate

Monday, April 14, 2008

Darn Socks!

DH came with his socks hanging from his hand asking "Can you fix this?"



These are the socks that I knitted a few months ago and it seems I should have done an afterthought heel so I could just take it off and put a new one on...not that I have a clue how to knit an afterthought heel... I can nalbind one, but not knit...



After a bit of time on the net searching for anything to do with darning, I came up with one that says to use a light bulb if you don't have a darning egg. Wow...who would've thought...











Then I found an actual video showing a person darning a sock... who could ask for more? So I followed what the video said and tried to copy her as much as possible. No one was more surprised than me when I actually worked. There are a couple of other places that are showing some wear on the socks, so I guess I had best get ready to make another pair.

I think I will find one of those egg shaped things at Hobby Lobby and see if I can smooth it down to be a darning egg....

No comments: