Translate

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today in My Life... 10/28/2009














Today: October 28, 2009

I got up this morning: very early. Before 5. But since I was totally awake I just got up. Didn't make coffee until almost 6 and then wondered why I was in such a hurry for it take 3 minutes making the coffee... duh... lol

I am hearing: the whir of the electronics in this room. Too early for any other noise except the horrible sound of this new keyboard (that I love except for the sound). The keys are harder to press than my previous board and each one makes this sound of someone pounding on a wall with a hammer... sigh

The current book is: The Bourne Deception by hmmm... says Robert Ludlum's... but then on the bottom of the cover it says "A new Jason Bourne novel by Eric Van Lustbader"... hmm.. guess that means he's the ghost writer... Anyway, just couldn't get into the Piers Anthony fantasy.. maybe will try again later...but probably not.

My diet: is still hanging on. I have plateau-ed at about 181...182... Still holding out for breaking that 180 mark..

Creating:
Yesterday I dyed the merino yarn that was spun during the previous week. The red and pink are bulky 3 ply. The purple is merino single plyed with silver polyester sewing thread. That will be used to weave something... not sure what yet..



















I finally got the lizard/dragon worked out on the inkle loom. It still has some places that are done wrong...but maybe when I do it again it will be better...















The stand for the swift works really well. The design is a bit flawed and the screws had to be put in from the top on the legs, but it works great and I like it... ;o)




Family news: Don't you hate it when you just skim over things and miss the important ones? I found an email this morning from my second cousin that I saw for the first time in many, many years at the family reunion. I seldom use my gmail... don't know why that is the one I put on my cards..duh Anyway, it was so good to see her and her sisters and the email was just a bonus on top!


Looking forward to: going out to eat... !!! The diet has prohibited it for a long while now and it will be a real treat... ;o)


Just a thought: "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it. " .... Mark Twain

No comments: