Translate

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Winter Guest


I was working hard on finishing up the cards, shuttles and thread packets for the last Tablet Weaving Class at the RR Historical Museum tomorrow.  DH was gone to coffee...the house was quiet.  I began to scan through the guide on the television and came across a movie starring Emma Thompson... she's one of my very favorites.  I had never heard of the movie, but decided to watch it anyway just because she was in it.  And another thing... this was the Directorial debut for Alan Rickman... another of my favorites.

I have to say that it was one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time.  The depth of the personal insights for all the characters reached out and  touched me. Emma portrayed a relatively young widow with a 17 y/o son... the visitor was her mother who was portrayed by Emma's real mother, Phyllida Law... and their interactions were so deeply true to life.  I cannot tell you about the movie... if I did I would only make it sound trite.  I am unable to verbalize how it affected me... It may not do the same for you. But I have to give this movie an absolute 10..

Have a wonderful day.. ;o)

No comments: