Translate

Thursday, September 16, 2010

News of the Day

I've deleted my Facebook account.  While I truly enjoyed it most of the time, I found myself on it far too much.  It seemed that every day I spent more time sitting there looking than I did up and about doing things.  So, yesterday the deletion took place.  I will miss very much being in touch with far away friends, but there really is the old fashioned email and absolutely archaic snail mail.. ;o) 

The weather here has veered to the slightly hot for the last few days.  We've been in and out and find it just as funny now as we did when were we kids...tripping over stuff when the car door is opened and the hot air fogs the glasses.  And it's even funnier when you look over and everyone you see is carrying their glasses in their hand for the very same reason.  ;o)

I've almost completely cleared my work room.  Essentially all of the contents with the exception of my sewing machines and mat cutter, tools and few other things were delivered to the Salvation Army yesterday.  That includes all the craft paints, oil paints, pastels, brushes....everything.  I will let you know if I have any real remorse when the reality finally sets in...lol

Finally got pictures of the spider lilies the other day.  So pretty.  They are like magic, popping up out of nowhere with a splash of color.  

I find it a bit ironic that the City of Sherman does a bit of moaning about losing businesses in the downtown area.  The Sherman Heritage Festival is this weekend...that would be 2 days from now... and not a word of it has been in the paper, on television.... not anywhere.  Does that sound like a real effort to help the downtown businesses... ????  Oh well....

Hope all is well wherever you are and shades of happiness cover your day.  :o)

1 comment:

knitting bean said...

You are brave! I've been debating about what to do with my Facebook account. I do find myself sitting here much too often! Stupid Farmville! I also catch myself friending people I wouldn't communicate with otherwise. What's up with that? Sounds like you are busy. Good for you. Enjoy the rest of your summer - fall is on the way! YEAH!