Translate

Monday, December 13, 2010

Today in My Life... 12/13/2010










Today in my life:   December 13, 2010


I got up this morning:  a little slowly and resentfully.  Between being cold and waking up way too early (2am) ... I was just not in the mood..  But the robe is furry, the socks are wool and the coffee is wonderful.. so all is good.  :o)

I am hearing:  my sweet DH swishing his coffee around his mouth... just like I do.  Something about that swish... just makes it taste better all around. ;o)

As I look out the window:   I see only darkness.  Between the time change and season change, that lovely warm sunrise that we see through the office window comes later and later each day.  Looking forward to another equinox and the changes that will bring.

My one thing I learned this week:   is that when recommendations are made by the doctor, there is usually a really good reason.  Ages back, the Dr. said I needed to sleep with my head raised... just could not see that happening until this week.  My sweet DH bought me a wedge for the bed and guess what... amazing... no more snoring and a massive decrease in heartburn.  But never let it be said that I act on such recommendations in a timely manner.. my reputation would be destroyed...lol

Reading...or current book... or ??? :   I just cannot seem to read more than 2 pages at night without my eyes closing.  Guess my "book" books will just have to take all year to read.  But as for the magazines... ah hah... I've read all my Spin Off magazines at least 4 times this week. I love the part that compares spinning for crochet as opposed to spinning for knitting.  There is a difference. 

Creativity news:  Have finally begun to spread the wings a little bit with my knitting.  Began another Pi shawl using the New Zealand wool hand spun that I did earlier in the year. It started out the same as the other shawl, but for this one I added a very simple (yo k2tog) row followed by 2 rows of stockinette.  These 3 rows repeated make a lovely shawl.  (Got the idea from Pat Blankenship of Confessions of a Fiber Enthusiast.. ;o)  Thanks, Pat. )

Plans for the rest of the week:   Seems no matter how hard I try, I cannot make my hair stop growing.  That means another trip to the beauty shop for the buzz of the shears.  A pot luck Christmas (almost..;o)  dinner with the girls at the RRFA... can't wait for that!   And as for plans for today... wishing daughter Bev the happiest birthday ever... !


And here's a thought:  One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don't clean it up too quickly.  ~Andy Rooney

No comments: