Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Today In My Life

Today is:  Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I got up this morning:  after dreaming about Michael Kitchen... Can't imagine how that would happen, especially with our penchant for watching every movie or television program we can find that has Michael Kitchen in it.. ;o)  We have just finished watching The Hanging Gale .  This is a BBC television special that is absolutely wonderful...about the Irish Potato Famine.  Tea at Trianon  speaks about this BBC special.  Michael Kitchen portrays the Land Agent.  It is a wonderful, gritty and heartbreaking movie...

As I look out the window:  the trees are waving at me.  There is a strong wind blowing in a storm that we are supposed to have this evening.  But the view through the screen on the back porch is still lovely... ;o)
 I have to say that seeing these lovely roses bloom over and over all year is such a pleasure. 

I am thinking:   that I should have remembered all those crocks that my grandmother had on her cabinet.  I can still see her taking her knives and gently running them over the tops of those crocks.  I guess I never really thought about the fact that she was sharpening her knives... until I came across a pinterest site that shows how you can do the same thing with you ceramic cups! 

By holding the knife at a 30° angle and gently running the blade over the unglazed part of the bottom of the cup... voila'.. sharp knife!  I do soooo with I had known about this long ago.  All those years of complaining about dull knives would have never happened...lol

Today I am thankful for: the sounds of the birds chirping away out the back door.  I have painted some small birdhouse and will be trying to get some wrens to come visit us.. ;o)

Plans for the rest of the week:  include Dr., Dr., Dr., ... but that is a relatively good thing... I hope.  I have been having surgical injections for pain in my back and am in the the third round now...  And are they wonderful! 

Creatively:   I have so many projects going that the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.  ;o) 

A happy thought:    Everyone needs a little fairy dust .. ;o)  Hope you have LOTS in your day!




No comments: