Translate

Monday, December 11, 2006

Alpaca Shrug


While our son was home on leave from Iraq, he got me some lovely alpaca yarn. I first started using it in a knitted shawl that
I posted about on Nov. 9. I had to purchase more yarn as I went along on the shawl and then as I got closer to the end... realized that I didn't like it! Out it came...then I had to decide what to do with that wonderful yarn. I tried doing fingerless mittens... huh uh... nothing seemed to be right. Then I came across a vintage pattern that looks like it would have been published in the 40's or 50's online... I printed it off, but now I can't find where I got it to post the link! Anyway, the cuffs need to be finished and the seaming up the sleeves needs a little tweaking, but I think I like this better.

No comments: