Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mammograms & Lace Knitting


I grabbed my knitting as I raced out the door to my follow up mammogram appt. only to realize after I got there that the pattern was still sitting on the arm of my chair...sigh Oh well.. I had some nalbinding in a plastic bag, so I didn't have to sit there and twiddle my thumbs.


This is the follow up for the MRI I had about 6 months ago. It seems that one lump is quite persistent and this time when the sonogram was done following the mammogram it was not just the left side, but also the right that was checked. So will be a little antsy until I finally hear something. Hopefully, that will be today. [Hello, Pat... ;o) ]


This is a hand spun yarn from a bamboo, mohair and wool batt that I got in McKinney. It took me a while to realize that I really needed to card this stuff and I like the soft gold color that comes when I finish. After I knitted the "Linh's Ivy" scarf, I thought how pretty it would look in this thread, so I am trying it. I think I really need a much thinner thread to show off the stitch of this lovely pattern. I'm not sure that I like this and may pull it back out and do a broomstick lace with this yarn. We'll see....


Jim... send me pics of how you're coming with the quilt! Would love to see!

1 comment:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Don't you just hate that? I have grabbed my project for a dentist visit and realized I had broken the beading needle and forgot to replace it. Argh!
Again, the scarf is wonderfully feminine. It must be nice to be able to create such beauty to wear. I knit,but don't know how to purl, and could never follow directions let alone understand them. Someone told me that we all can't be good at everything. I guess that is true, but I can admire those who create things of dreams.