Translate

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Sniffles and Broomstick Lace

If you've been following my other blog, you'll already know that I have been preparing to go to Drumright (the town where 3 of my children were born) to the Oil Patch Jamboree. DD has a booth and we were going to set up and "sell our wares"... ;o) And then the sneezing, sniffling, runny nose, watery eyes, I can't sleep 'cause I can't breathe hit... early cold or sinus infection.. don't know which. Down for the count all day yesterday. Slept so much poor DH had no one to talk to most of the day. Anyway... now I have a bag full of beginner's spinning kits, hand spun yarns, hand spun and hand knit scarves, nalbinding things, and broomstick lace "Broomstiks"... and speaking of...

This is what I have been working on in the evenings. It is the most amazing stuff I have done in a long time. There is so much elasticity in it that I just love it. Whatever this thing is that I am working on is growing longer.. so looks like it will turn into a lacy scarf... I tried this with larger yarn and a larger Broomstik and it would make a really good afghan...
Video tutorial by Jennifer Hansen of Stitch Diva Studios showing how to do this is found here.

No comments: