Translate

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 03/23/2009


















For today: March 23, 2009

Outside my window: it's a bit hazy this morning. The weather has warmed nicely and the trees in the meadow are beginning to show that first tinge of green as the tiny, newborn leaves stretch and wriggle their way into new life.

I am thinking: how I need to get over wishing every day that I lived in a compound like the Godfather... so my children could all have a house "right over there" and I could call them all up for a supper on Sunday.

From the learning rooms: which is actually any room in my house. I am working to learn the math behind the knitting of Elizabeth Zimmermann and have been pleasantly surprised as I work out the round shawl that I am currently working on.

I am thankful for: my ingrown toenail. If that's the worse thing that happens, I've got the world by the tail.

From the kitchen: I can still smell the sausage that was cooked for breakfast. I have become an oatmeal for breakfast fiend... haven't done that in years...but is sure good with the sausage and toast.

I am wearing: the green housecoat that our sons got me for Christmas. I love it...

I am reading: The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly for about the 4th time. It's time to go back to the bookstore...all books have been read at least 3 times and working up from there.

I am hoping: that I got the voice mail set on my new cell phone... duh... am not very handy with such as that...

I am creating: I am spinning more singles for use with the Elizabeth Zimmermann shawl that I am currently knitting. I just hope it comes out good...

I am hearing: the scissors cutting paper as my sweet DH cuts the insurance cards apart to be placed in the cars.

Around the house: the time is coming for spring cleaning when everything gets a good going over and smells really good for a few weeks... love that...

One of my favorite things: is music... almost any kind except blue grass, hard jazz or acid rock...and even some blue grass...lol

A few plans for the rest of the week: consists of spinning more mixed wool singles, warp the loom for some more cotton tea towel weaving and making preparations for trip to Arkansas...with a wonderful stop off to see daughter.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:


No comments: