Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

EZ Pi Shawl,Card Weaving, Rigid Heddle and Shuttle...

It's been a little difficult to blog for the last several days. Thank you to all who sent their good wishes... Time is moving quite slowly right now...


Do you remember all the knitting markers I made a while back... in several sizes? Well... I have finished the knitting on the EZ Pi Shawl and decided to take a picture of the reason one does not want to use markers like this in sizes way to big for the needles...lol This is the 4th one that I had to cut off. It seems that my fingers would fit inside the circle and I would end up knitting the marker right into the shawl. It would be great if that is what one intended to do... Make great bead embellishments...





I am now adding a crochet edging around it. I can't believe that I finished off with stockinette stitch... just like a rookie who doesn't know that the edge will roll unless something else is done on the edges... Oh well...








I've done a little card weaving and find that as I go along the pattern gets looser and looser... I think that must be because I was not using a wooden shuttle... so guess what I did...













I went out into the shop and made me a wooden shuttle... and a rigid heddle. My mind is having a bit of a problem concentrating so I was very surprised to see that the rigid heddle made a weft faced weave...duh.. I guess I was still in card weaving mode that produces a warp faced weave... But the heddle and shuttle worked just fine...lol I have been bitten by the woodworking bug...lol

1 comment:

DangAndBlast! said...

That's why I use paperclips when I have to use stitch markers (normally I avoid them altogether, when I can -- or sometimes use a little knot of thread)... always having to undo it.

I did some rigid heddle weaving -- very nice it's turning out, too! Thanks for the help :) (Yours is so pretty .... love the flowers.)