Translate

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 05/04/2009
















For today: May 4, 2009


Outside my window: the day is overcast, gray and probably going to be drizzly. I am so over the gray days... even though I realize the desperate need for rain. I just wish we wouldn't get it all at once... sigh


I am thinking: that if I don't get the ginger in the ground soon I will have to buy some more...so the plan is to do that first thing this morning.


From the learning room: comes the realization that even tho I have done a couple of things using card weaving, I sure have a lot to learn.


I am thankful for: the time period I grew up in. I realize that I have no clue what it is like for todays youngsters... Even tho we were very poor as I grew up, there was never the need to be fearful when walking home from school or to the movie on Saturday afternoon. The worst thing that kids did then was drink beer at the lake and pull Halloween pranks. Families were close. Even dysfunctional families...


From the kitchen: will soon come the smell of sausage. We found store made sausage at the Piggly Wiggly store near us and bought a lot of it. It's a good thing... Both Piggly Wiggly stores are closing this week...


I am wearing...a rather horrible loose fitting dress that I bought a couple of years ago at Dillard's. And the thing is.... they (I messed up and bought 2 while they were on sale) will never wear out...sigh


I am reading... Angels and Demons by Dan Brown for the second time. It really is time to go to the book store...sigh


I am hoping... that nothing else breaks around here. It seems to have been something every month since December... and the bright side of that coin is that once it is all done it will be another five years before it all comes up again...lol


I am creating... a list in my mind of what kind of Block of the Month I can do for my Fabric Follies Two site. This has been circling my mind for a few months now and I am finally ready to do it...


I am hearing... the whir of my computer fan... I really need to update my pc, but have to wait a bit...


Around the house... I need to pay more attention to my house plants. For some reason every now and then I go through a period where they are the very last thing on my mind... then when they are almost dead I seem to realize that I really do care about them and have to bring them all back to life... What's up with that?


One of my favorite things... is music. I don't listen to it very much any more because it bothers DH a bit. But every now and then something comes along like the You Tube treasures of Engelbert Humperdinck that I found last night that just make the old skin tingle the way it did back in the day...lol (I tripped on over to some old Tom Jones thinking it would do the same... somehow the gyrations that go along with "She's a Lady" just didn't do it for me anymore!)...lol


A few plans for the rest of the week: include the weekly trip to McKinney to the allergist. I am really getting a bit tired of those shots... the irritation and itchiness last for days... almost up to the time of the next shot... Anyway... also planning to do a bit card weaving, maybe some bookmarks...


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:



"The way things are when a person is born is considered the norm for his life. There is no concept of things being any other way....." Anonymous
This is my great-grandfather's muzzle loader being held by my Uncle Bobby. What treasures we have from the past...

No comments: