Translate

Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Labor Day


Well, it's that cool down time of the year again. Lovely and green but with cooler mornings and evenings.

The reunion was wonderful. My sister Leisa was there looking lovely as usual. (She's a Mary Kay Consultant!) There were people there that I had not seen since I was "knee high to a grasshopper"... as my dad would say. Aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins and on down the line...lol There was just not enough time to spend with each one...Seems like I got to see everyone and visit with no one...ya know what I mean? But will surely try to go from now on...lol

I'm sorry to say (but not...lol) that my diet went on hiatus for the day. Uncle Harry grows paw paws and his wife Sue made some wonderful Paw Paw bread that was luscious. He had some seeds and I sure enough missed getting some...sigh Uncle Bobby made Vinegar Pie and that right there shot my diet for a week. Do love that stuff!! Aunt Elva said that her grandmother (Great Grandmother Angel) always made Vinegar Pie.... did not know that. Saw my cousin David (whose father was my mother's brother and his mother is my grandmother's niece... figure that one out..lol) for the first time since our kids were small and let me tell you that I almost fell off the step when I heard his youngsters call him Grandpa... All in all a wonderful day... just way too short.

No comments: