Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Body Butter


Majestic Mountain Sage is a website that carries all kinds of supplies for making your own cosmetics, creams, lotions, perfumes, etc. There are recipes that can be used as is, or you can change them a bit and make them your own. When we tried and tried to find some foot cream for Hubby, and were always left less than delighted, I decided to try to make my own. For my first batch, I used the recipe as it was and had my son (who makes different soaps) come over and assist. What fun we had that day! The butter came out a little oily and a lot strong because of the tea tree oil, but it didn't last long since it worked really well at softening the skin.

Last week I made my second batch of body butter for Hubby and myself. With this batch, I decided not to use the tea tree oil because of the strong fragrance and included two additives to help reduce the oily feeling and to improve the absorption into the skin. I also added allantoin to protect the skin and have been very pleased with the result.

No comments: