Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Vintage Hankies -- Flea Market Finds

Hubby and I stopped at one of our favorite little flea markets today on our way home from breakfast...(later I will add some pics of Nick's.. we love the place!) ... and I found some hankies all neatly ironed and folded, then placed inside a small wooden box. When I saw the handmade one shown on the bottom, I had to have them. When we got home and I opened them all up, these are some of the ones I found. I thought perhaps someone who is more up on textiles than I am, could give me an idea how old they are. I had never seen any with the "iron on" of Thumper. The colors and fabric of the floral ones make me think they are from the late '40s or maybe '50s. I bought them especially for use on my denim bag or perhaps on my apron, but now that I have them I'm not sure I have the strength of will to cut them up!



No comments: