Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tomomi



I have to admit to being a little prejudiced here (Tomomi is my daughter- in- law!) but I think her work is exquisite. Her web page is called Black Cat (after their cat named Sarge) and shows all the many facets of her handiwork. It is written in Japanese, but the links to her pages and her pictures are all in English and it is very easy to navigate.
The wall hanging was done for me 2 years ago. I requested a spring theme to use on my living room wall. I love it. You can see from the close-up of the corner how the colors were chosen.. I also have another one for the fall season. The large quilt is completely hand sewn and took her 3 years to complete. It won Best in Show at the Wichita Falls Quilt Fair.

1 comment:

Mariella said...

Hi;
Your daughter-in-law's work is exquisite! Oh those purses are so beautiful!
Thanks for posting her site.
I enjoyed looking around.