Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Crochet the Classics Snood


At
Crochet the Classics the purpose of the group is to read the classics and find something in the book or the period of the book to crochet. The month of October book was The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe. I have finished the book (all 672 pages of it!) and found myself in utter amazement that in 1794 when this book was written, the entire premise of the mystery romance novel was exactly the same as it is today. Now ask me why that surprised me so much. I have no idea!
I'm not sure if Emily wore a snood or not (writer Anne Radcliffe expounded exponentially on everything but the clothing of the day!), but since the snood was worn during this time period this is what I elected to make.
When I decided on this I had no idea how to make one, so I did a search and came up with this pattern. It's quick and easy (I have to admit to a bit of modifying the pattern), and it worked up in 2 evenings at the television. (It took 2 because the first one I kept fiddling around with the computer..grin) I used #10 cotton and a Bates size 1 (2.35 mm) needle.
I actually tried it on, but decided that was one picture no one deserved to have to look at... soooo. grin Perhaps I will see if daughters or grand daughter would like to give it a try.

No comments: