Translate

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Pastels Are Hung...


The pastel paintings are finished and hung. Don sent me this pic in an email a few days ago. The decision was made to go with the sage inner mat and the frames were finished with a blue pickling finish. They sent a better pic that shows more of the kitchen and how very pretty it is, but Jim is sitting there in an Ohio t-shirt eating a sandwich with a "boy..I'm glad that's done" look on his face ... lol ... so thought it might be best not to put that one up...
One would think that having a wonderful husband that will not allow one to carry anything heavier than a coffee cup, refuses to allow any cooking of meals or cleaning or walking in the yard (there's a slope... he's afraid I will lose my balance).. etc... that there would be ample time sitting around to embroidery or crochet or something... But it seems that with the first few days of pain medication and then the development of a serious cough, I just can't seem to focus. My chair has stuff all over it.. knitting needles with 3 rows of knit done, a couple of squares cut 5 " square to be embroidered for the start of a pincushion, crochet hook in the Cebelia thread where I have started a small basket...the list goes on. It seems there will be little accomplished until another trip to the doctor is made.. ughhh...

3 comments:

John said...

They look lovely!
I hope you feel better soon and can get to work making more.

freethnkr said...

Actually it's not blue pickling, it's white. It just looks blue in that picture. They are really beautiful.

hahaha I didn't realize I was in the picture and I sincerely appreciate your sensitivity since I remember what I looked like that day.

Linda S. said...

lol...you're welcome! :)