Translate

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Quilting Thoughts


Well, the boss (my dear hubby), has allowed me to be up for most of the morning..grin He still feels that 2 weeks post surgery is not long enough to warrant being up all day. He has been wonderful, I must say..
Tomomi, our daughter-in-law, is encouraging me to do a quilt for entry into the Quilt Show at Wichita Falls??...maybe Gainesville??... this fall. It's almost a given that there will be no entry into the Quilt Show. But she does have me thinking.
What if I took one the many kinds of leaves that are on the trees now and scanned in one that is perfect and has smooth edges into my pc? By placing several copies of this leaf on a Word page (or Publisher.. or whatever), I could either print them off plain on fabric and embroidery each one with the name of an ancestor... or.... I could put the names on while in the Word program and print them off already printed.. These leaves could be used to make a family tree quilt... What do ya think??

1 comment:

Linda S. said...

I will have to look online and see if I can come up with a pic of those leaves... Would love to see them. Still haven't come up with how to put this quilt idea together, but have been working on it a bit with pencil and paper..